IatONEka

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 from 2000 (M111.945)
Hey guys,
I'm a newbie here, this is my first thread.
My problem with my car is, if I push the gas pedal over ~60% the car is not accelerating like it should, but if below ~60% it accelerates like a charm without any problem, it can hit the rev limiter also. But if I push it too hard the magic disappears. I took it to a local Bosch service, they said there is no sensor error, may it be air/fuel mixture fail, but they give me the next appointment 3 weeks later from now. I'm curious, what can it make this error? I replaced the fuel filter already, nothing changed.

Thank you all in advance!
István Schnider

OP
I

IatONEka

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hey guys,

I'd like to ask for your help. I got a CLK 200 (N/A) from 2000, my car makes that, if I push the gas pedal over ~60 % it's become sluggish, not accelerating, maybe jumping like, a little go a little no, but if I use the accelerator pedal below ~60% it is working as intended, it is accelerating, it can hit the rev limiter. I took it to a local BOSCH service, where they've told me there is no sensor fault, may it be the air/fuel mixture fault, but I got an appointment for 3 weeks from now, I'm very curious what can make this fail, or was ever someone in my shoes. I've already changed the fuel filter.

Thank you in advance!
Istvan Schnider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 230 Kompressor W208 1998 M111
Hey guys,
I'm a newbie here, this is my first thread.
My problem with my car is, if I push the gas pedal over ~60% the car is not accelerating like it should, but if below ~60% it accelerates like a charm without any problem, it can hit the rev limiter also. But if I push it too hard the magic disappears. I took it to a local Bosch service, they said there is no sensor error, may it be air/fuel mixture fail, but they give me the next appointment 3 weeks later from now. I'm curious, what can it make this error? I replaced the fuel filter already, nothing changed.

Thank you all in advance!
István Schnider
Hi István.
I have a CLK 230 M111 1999 with compressor and have the similar symptoms.
Did you get it solved and if so - what was the issue with your car?

Take Care!
Tomas L, Sweden

OP
I

IatONEka

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi István.
I have a CLK 230 M111 1999 with compressor and have the similar symptoms.
Did you get it solved and if so - what was the issue with your car?

Take Care!
Tomas L, Sweden
Hey!

I've replaced my MAF and all of my problems disappeard, I bought a Bosch MAF sensor, and I was paying attention to the serial number, because as I've seen there is two type of catalyc converter, and two type of MAF for it , the Bosch service was wrong, I will never return there.

Greetings: Schnider István, Hungary

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hey!

I've replaced my MAF and all of my problems disappeard, I bought a Bosch MAF sensor, and I was paying attention to the serial number, because as I've seen there is two type of catalyc converter, and two type of MAF for it , the Bosch service was wrong, I will never return there.

Greetings: Schnider István, Hungary
Glad to hear it.
Thanks for the fast replay.
I´ll look into it and se if I can do the same.
Cheers!
// Tomas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Istvan.
I was fortunate and found someone who could
explain the difference between the MAF-sensors. It’s all about if you have a Lambda sensor or not. I don’t know what’s it’s called in English but he Called it ”regulated or 3-way” cat. (Or something similar).
He also said the Bosch was the best brand. He had tried some cheaper ones but the never lasted. He also pointed out that one can clean the MAF-sensor and there are special sprays for that. He recommended this one https://www.crcindustries.com/products/mass-air-flow-sensor-cleaner-11-wt-oz.html and I’ve bought it and will try it, while waiting for my new sensor. He said it would probably be a good idea to do so at least once a year or more if you drive a lot. (We don’t).
Hope this was valuable to you and I’ll let you know how it works out.
Take care!
// Tomas L, Sweden

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom