Poor Radio Reception

paulra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 220 CDI 2008
Hi all,

I have just joined with a CLC 220 CDI (2008) - great car. I have the Audio 20 with poor radio reception - can only get some strong stations by manually searching and reception comes and goes as driving along.

I have read some posts and checked fuse 8 in the rear SAM unit which is okay. It looks like I need to check the amp but don't know where it is. And do I need to take the radio out of the dash to check the connection on that? If so how do I get it out - do I have to buy the removal tools listed on ebay - doesn't look like any room at the sides to slide them in?

BTW I don't have any problems with music on CD or the CD changer. Phone works perfectly and no problems with the remote locking or unlocking it.

Anyone help??? :confused:

Thanks

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
Normally the amp is in the nearside C pillar behind the trim.

A check of the wiring for the rear screen heating element will indicate the side of the car on which the amplifier is fitted.

Assuming that your car is second hand could it have had the radio replaced at all? If so then there could be a break within the antenna lead connector where it connects to the back of the radio. Usually FM reception is better than AM reception when this happens.

OP
P

paulra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 220 CDI 2008
CLC radio

Thanks Chris. I think I've found the amp in the back but can't properly access it without taking the trim out.

However I've checked the AM and I can't pick up anything, so it sounds like it could be a break in the antenna connection you mention. Just found a site (http://www.fitaudio.com/?View=entry&EntryID=186) telling me how to remove the unit. Looks like I've got a bit of work to do!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom