Possible door sensor faulty c320

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320 2004 3199
Does anybody know if this is a common fault, I'm relatively new to Mercs but am enjoying the experience.

After checking all doors are shut, I still get a warning light come on while driving, then it disappears for 3 minutes but comes on again.

Any ideas guys !!!

Barrie

Hustler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 C200 Kompressor Coupe 1.8L
It should tell you which door is showing as open. There's a push-rod switch that is on the body of the vehicle next to the latch which gets pushed in when the door shuts. This tells the car that the door is closed. Ensure that your interior lights is set to light up when the door is open. Then manually push-in that switch with your finger and check whether the interior light switches off. If it doesn't switch off, there's probably a fault with the switch.

If it does switch off, check that the plastic cover on the door panel itself is making contact with the switch when it is closed.

Edit: The switch looks like this:

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320 2004 3199
Hi Hustler

Thank you so much for your reply, I will give it a try over the weekend and let you know. Thanks again.

Barrie

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320 2004 3199
Hi Hustler

Having tried your suggestion it seems to be the centre consul of the interior lighting. All the buttons bar the door open light work so it seems that maybe the switch may be at fault, though not sure how I can take out consul and get to the switch. Not sure how else to check.

Barrie

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom