Possible elctrical fault on a E280 yr 2000

furrball

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 Diesel Estate March 2012
Hi guys - wonder if anyone can help on this one- My wife was driving the car today and she was stopped at the roadworks at Spetisbury. The lights changed to green and she went to pull off when the power died and the rev counter surged to 5000 revs although the engine didn't. She stopped the car at the side of the road and moved the shift to neutral and back to drive. After a bit of hesitation you know a cough and a fart the car went off Ok and has been ok ever since - she drove home from work no problemo.

Stuff doesn't happen for no reason - I had the gearbox controller go last year and that cost me nearly £700. I really hope this is not presaging the failure of an electrical component on the gear box again? what do you guys think?:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Cant be sure at this stage CPS may be, did the engine go to 5k rpm, you would hear that, if it really did then maybe low on transmission fluid

OP
F

furrball

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 Diesel Estate March 2012
For TV

Thanx for the reply, she said there was no power, the needle on the RPM side went to 5000rpm but not apparently the engine - dunno really am going to use it again tomorrow to see if it does it with me

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I think we are going to have to wait till you drive it,,, some faults just happen once, never to do it again

Top Bottom