Possible MAF problems

kevcooney

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
cclass coupe c200k
Hello
I've been looking on the MB forum and the MAF failure matches some of my problems, loss in power, feeling of delay in gear changes.... I popped the car into the local garage and they drove it round and everything seemed fine...they also plugged it in and found no fault errors..
wouldnt this have shown up as a fault?

Everything seemed fine and again today the car just lost power.. my foot was to the floor and the cars speed increased at a very slow pace. somtimes it revs high before kicking in... i can drive around for hours before it happens again.

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
A MAF doesn't always show up as a fault. Try unplugging it to see if it drives any better. Remember the idle will not be good with it unplugged

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes the MAF for sure Ebay versions are no good a Bosch service center is the cheapest

OP
K

kevcooney

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
cclass coupe c200k
just to say thanks.. driving like a dream with the new MAF installed :)

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom