Possible R129 500SL purchase..

rifiki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK W209 W121190B
Looks lovely, like the colour combination

I would put Goodyear Efficient Grip tyres on it, they are considerably better than Pirelli and will be very quiet
I have them on 3ltr my CLK, excellent tyres.

OP
MarkGolf

MarkGolf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 SL500, Porsche 997, Porsche 964, VR6, Eunos Roadster Turbo, Focus RS, Focus TDCI
Thanks guys, really helpful bunch here and some garages local for a stamp :)

The current owner is just having the passenger electric seat and mirrors repaired, they were found not to be working but the deal was to get those working and I'll take it..

I CAN'T WAIT MUCH LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
MarkGolf

MarkGolf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 SL500, Porsche 997, Porsche 964, VR6, Eunos Roadster Turbo, Focus RS, Focus TDCI
I’m back!

So, been a delay while the car was meant to be having the passenger seat and mirrors sorted but the car hasn’t moved. The owner hasn’t taken the car, miles haven’t got up at all..

Anyway, he said I will make the effort to sort or I’ll knock £300 off the price!

I think I might just take the gamble with the £300 off and just go and get the thing.

So, what could be the issue?

The electric mirrors just don’t work at all and same with passenger seat, toning operates on it..

I did try the fuses when viewing but no joy unless I did wrong ones. Any common issues with these areas?

Thanks
Mark

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom