Posts not recorded?

P

PanzerMcGrory

I have noticed that regularly my number of posts does not increase?
i have posted a few today but it hasnt moved from 111 and this has happened before.

OP
P

PanzerMcGrory

Somebodies having a laugh !!!!
now after at least half a dozen posts today this one is recorded and im up to 112 :confused:

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Ah that clears it up, thanks missyd.
Why is it they dont get added?

I think the simple answer is "because they don't"! It has been like that since well before I joined - maybe someone decided that posts in that area were social more than technical. Anyway, that was the bad news.

The good news, and the reason for this post is that I think you are correct - I understood that to move from "member" to "senior member" (a Spanish voyeur?) you had to have a score of 100 posts. Yet you were a senior member well before you were officially credited with 100 posts. So somebody up there has an eye for quality, but it does suggest an inconsistency.

Perhaps a mod or an administrator will advise us?

OP
P

PanzerMcGrory

I think the simple answer is "because they don't"! It has been like that since well before I joined - maybe someone decided that posts in that area were social more than technical. Anyway, that was the bad news.

The good news, and the reason for this post is that I think you are correct - I understood that to move from "member" to "senior member" (a Spanish voyeur?) you had to have a score of 100 posts. Yet you were a senior member well before you were officially credited with 100 posts. So somebody up there has an eye for quality, but it does suggest an inconsistency.

Perhaps a mod or an administrator will advise us?

So some areas are deemed more important than others?

I dont really use the technical areas that much as technically i am not the most knowledgable.

Maybe the great unwashed like myself could be given a fraction of a point for posts in the areas i generally look at :rolleyes:

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
So some areas are deemed more important than others?

I dont really use the technical areas that much as technically i am not the most knowledgable.

Maybe the great unwashed like myself could be given a fraction of a point for posts in the areas i generally look at :rolleyes:

That's a slippery slope Don - someone will then suggest only giving points to relevant or correct posts - and who would judge? ;)

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
Does it really matter? Quality over quantity.

I mean look at Malcolm, more posts than the rest of the forum put together and when was the last time he ever helped anyone?
Oh, hang on a minute.... :confused:

If it helps and you can find a Mod to do it, I'll donate mine to you. :)

OP
P

PanzerMcGrory

Does it really matter? Quality over quantity.

I mean look at Malcolm, more posts than the rest of the forum put together and when was the last time he ever helped anyone?
Oh, hang on a minute.... :confused:

If it helps and you can find a Mod to do it, I'll donate mine to you. :)

It doesnt matter to me but obviously to others hence the fact they dont get recorded.

I was only wondering why the number didnt move when i left a post and missyd cleared that up.

why does everything have to have a ranking system? even forums with the number of posts and how senior you are? i could post lots of utter sh#te [shut it] have a big number at the side and be discribed as "senior".
Its the reason i hate golf and bowling clubs as they are full of blazer wearing committees full of their own importance waving rule books around.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
why does everything have to have a ranking system? even forums with the number of posts and how senior you are? i could post lots of utter sh#te [shut it] have a big number at the side and be discribed as "senior". Its the reason i hate golf and bowling clubs as they are full of blazer wearing committees full of their own importance waving rule books around.

It seems I've been rumbled! :Oops::Oops::Oops:

Did you not have a similar system in the Waffen SS? :confused:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Both benz bin and motoring related will not give points on ones post count, as they are both area's nothing to do with MB. they are are fun threads where we can let off steam about other things, its the same on all forums.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Both benz bin and motoring related will not give points on ones post count, as they are both area's nothing to do with MB. they are are fun threads where we can let off steam about other things, its the same on all forums.

So Malcolm, accounts of your demise have been exaggerated?

Welcome back!

OP
P

PanzerMcGrory

It seems I've been rumbled! :Oops::Oops::Oops:

Did you not have a similar system in the Waffen SS? :confused:

Ahhhh "Ich hatt' einen Kameraden. Talking of the Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler i put a deposit down on an Alfa Romeo Brera and joined an alfa forum and do they take the p#ss with ranks.

You start off as a newbie then your coloured dot changes different colours until eventually you will become a member, then the whole process is repeated until you become a senior member then again until your the one above a senior member which i forget its title and their was higher still above that until i assume you eventually got to the Alfa Forums Wizard of Oz.

When we fought the war of annihilation in the east we didnt need ranks as we knew what we had to do so we certainly dont need a dummy hierarchy of titles and post numbers on internet forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
P

PanzerMcGrory

You didnt per chance have a committee members blazer on when you typed this post ;);)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You didnt per chance have a committee members blazer on when you typed this post ;);)

No such thing as a committee member,and I have just the same status as every other member

OP
P

PanzerMcGrory

Didn't say a word.... :D

I thought the senior referred to age, obviously not in my case though. :)

I was exactly the same, when i first looked at these forums i thought junior members were children and when i read some of their posts i thought that they really knew their stuff !!
I also thought senior members were OAPs and i wondered where i would fit it when joining aged 39, maybe i would be a middle aged member ???

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It doesnt matter to me but obviously to others hence the fact they dont get recorded.

why does everything have to have a ranking system? even forums with the number of posts and how senior you are? i could post lots of utter sh#te [shut it] have a big number at the side and be discribed as "senior".
Its the reason i hate golf and bowling clubs as they are full of blazer wearing committees full of their own importance waving rule books around.

We do not have a ranking system, just a few post to become a senior member, your ranking looks the same as mine, so what is the big deal.

Some members get fixed up and never post again, others make some good friends and decide to hang around helping others in the process.

And please tell us who is full of their own importance here

Top Bottom