Potential remapping issues diesel

shaz62

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI
Hello everyone, this is my first post!

I stumbled across this site after looking at potential remap options for my 2010 C350 CDI as I'm currently quite cautions of getting it done.

I have a few specific questions if anyone could help please;

1. Would the remap affect the DPF function, i.e. could it potentially cause it to get blocked earlier due to the change in pressures from stock?

2. I have heard DPF delete is an MOT failure, have you had anyone had issues with regards to MOT when they have had there DPF deleted post remap?

3. Any other issues I may need to consider?

4. Anyone who has had a remap done a long while ago could share their longer term experience of reliability after a remap?

Thanks in advance for all responses.

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Good evening,

I will try my best to answer the above questions.

1. If tuned correctly there should be no premature DPF issues! That being said depending on use of correct oils, good fuel and depending on driving style and routes can always affect DPF systems as they are not perfect!

2. Technically DPF removal is an MOT failure if emissions tests fail and the detection of the DPF being removed with a replacement pipe! As for DPF removal on the EDC17 CP01, CP10 and CP46 management which that range of 350CDI's run its not a switch in the software like many Audi's and BMW's its a combined solution which means many software changes are needed! We have successfully removed them on development vehicles however its not 100% so we DO NOT offer this as a service!

3. Only issue possibly could be rear tyre usage ;) due to the huge torque improvements! lol

4. We tune hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of vehicles! Everything from fleets of taxi's to Supercars!!! IF tuned correctly you will enjoy the massive improvements ;)

Many thanks

Team GAD

OP
S

shaz62

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI
Good evening,

I will try my best to answer the above questions.

1. If tuned correctly there should be no premature DPF issues! That being said depending on use of correct oils, good fuel and depending on driving style and routes can always affect DPF systems as they are not perfect!

2. Technically DPF removal is an MOT failure if emissions tests fail and the detection of the DPF being removed with a replacement pipe! As for DPF removal on the EDC17 CP01, CP10 and CP46 management which that range of 350CDI's run its not a switch in the software like many Audi's and BMW's its a combined solution which means many software changes are needed! We have successfully removed them on development vehicles however its not 100% so we DO NOT offer this as a service!

3. Only issue possibly could be rear tyre usage ;) due to the huge torque improvements! lol

4. We tune hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of vehicles! Everything from fleets of taxi's to Supercars!!! IF tuned correctly you will enjoy the massive improvements ;)

Many thanks

Team GAD

Thanks for your reply.

Does GAD Tuning offer warranty with the remaps? If so how long please? Also what would be the cost for the remap?

Cheers

Last edited:

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom