Potential Roof Issue - cannot access boot, windows inoperable, roof switch permanently lit.

Nigel Courtney

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 2000 2.0k
Dear sirs,

I have been having some issues with my roof which, I suspect is due to a microswitch perhaps on rear bow.

Presently though, my primary worry is I cannot operate the windows or access the boot as per title.

The windows will drop a little when opening door and go up again when closing so that's a good sign however like I say I cannot use them or access boot.

Even the physical key does nothing which I suspect is because the car thinks the roof is still open.

Is there a way I can reset the roof manually ?. The roof is closed at the moment and I wondered if manually cycling it would resolve the issue however I don't know if should attempt given symptoms etc.

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Can you turn the key in the boot lock? The roof will not hold off the manual key boot release. If the key won’t turn flood it with wd40 and keep working it. The boot locks commonly freeze up through corrosion, but it will work eventually

OP
N

Nigel Courtney

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 2000 2.0k
Can you turn the key in the boot lock? The roof will not hold off the manual key boot release. If the key won’t turn flood it with wd40 and keep working it. The boot locks commonly freeze up through corrosion, but it will work eventually

I shall get some wd40 and get fettling tomorrow pm, I can turn the key but only so far and I don't want to force it. At least then I can reset the roof computer thing until I can get her into a garage, it would be nice to roll the windows down at least !

Many thanks

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
To open it’s a turn a little past 90 degrees, and then push in while you have it turned

Top Bottom