Power steering inop electric handbrake inop ESP and ABS lights on.

Tom Mcnair

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Aclass 2016 1.6d
Hi new to the forum, i have a 2016 Mercedes A180 D vehicle was recovered in with no power steering and electronic handbrake not working. connected diagnostic and multiple codes found. the main one that stands out to me as it appears in a number of modules is,

U012187 communication with ESP faulty. The message is lost.

there is also code for signals from brake lamp switch saying the message is lost again. Having read other threads i have seen that on older vehicles it requires brake light switch or ESP module but not to sure if this may apply to a newer vehicle such as this one.

Thanks in advance.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Hi new to the forum, i have a 2016 Mercedes A180 D vehicle was recovered in with no power steering and electronic handbrake not working. connected diagnostic and multiple codes found. the main one that stands out to me as it appears in a number of modules is,

U012187 communication with ESP faulty. The message is lost.

there is also code for signals from brake lamp switch saying the message is lost again. Having read other threads i have seen that on older vehicles it requires brake light switch or ESP module but not to sure if this may apply to a newer vehicle such as this one.

Thanks in advance.
I’m not sure if I would risk the cost of parts replacement without either MB Star diagnostic or MB specific code readers like icarsoft .

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Does the car still have Mobilio recovery to Mercedes

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom