Powerfold Lubrication ?

Taihape

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 E320cdi avantgarde est AMG 18's command plus lots more
Hi,
My mirrors are starting to get a bit "scrunchy" on opening /closing, do I just blast a few squirts of WD40 in the general direction of the hinge or is there a more targeted approach to this fix ?
Many thanks
Taihape

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
I use PTFE dry lube (designed for mountain bike chains!) as it doesn't attract dirt and is very, erm, slippy :)

The noise usually comes from the rubber seal at the hinge to the rear side. A little squirt along the egde works wonders!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Try and squirt some into the fulcrum point, PTFE that is

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
perhaps there should be a government health warning on WD40 to say its a release/penetrating oil and has no lasting lubrication properties.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
perhaps there should be a government health warning on WD40 to say its a release/penetrating oil and has no lasting lubrication properties.

Indeed there should be, it is a release agent as you say, and dries when used as a lubricant, I am surprised that it never gets used to fix the "er indoors" syndrome

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom