Pre-Safe?

blassberg

Reaction score
"Pre-Safe® anticipates hazardous situations and, if necessary, initiates a series of pre-emptive safety measures in the vital moments before a potential accident. The system is triggered by events such as emergency braking or sudden steering movements at high speed. Protective measures include automatic activation of reversible seatbelt tensioners and closing of side windows. With the optional memory package, the front-passenger seat is adjusted into the safest position."

What do people think of this? (it's from the MBUK E coupe site)

Plus I usually practice emergency stops in my new vehicles so as to minimise surprises should I need one in anger. I wonder if Pre-Safe will need resetting after doing so?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Are we getting to clever for our own good Charlie, all of these electronic things to try and cover up driver error

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I've had pre-safe kick in on my E, moving the seats around. I've not had the head rests move though as they need resetting afterwards. I just had to press the memory buttons for the seats and all was well again.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Pre-safe first come out on the 220, been around a while now!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
yes - how is the distronic Malcolm?

The Distronic is wonderful and I would never be without that again. The danger comes in when I drive the V70R and engage CC,,,then the ****** thing keeps driving up the backside of the cars in front.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
The danger comes in when I drive the V70R and engage CC,,,then the ****** thing keeps driving up the backside of the cars in front.

Maybe your Volvo is gay, Malcolm? :lol:

Russ

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
"Pre-Safe® anticipates hazardous situations and, if necessary, initiates a series of pre-emptive safety measures in the vital moments before a potential accident. The system is triggered by events such as emergency braking or sudden steering movements at high speed. Protective measures include automatic activation of reversible seatbelt tensioners and closing of side windows. With the optional memory package, the front-passenger seat is adjusted into the safest position."

What do people think of this? (it's from the MBUK E coupe site)

Plus I usually practice emergency stops in my new vehicles so as to minimise surprises should I need one in anger. I wonder if Pre-Safe will need resetting after doing so?

It's fine. No problems. Had it on the 220 S class and now got it on the 211 E class. Mind you I haven't done Stratford to Port Solent in about 20 minutes!:)

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
Pre-safe is excellent. I have been a passenger when it has been in full force in a GL

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom