Pressure washer?

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
I've stopped using a chamios to dry the cars. I use a leaf blower to remove most of the water and then a micro-fibre towel to dry it off.

Leaf blower !!! ....... I like your style .....will try that :D

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
And incorporate a blow job whilst drying off the car ...there is pleasure in the simple things..

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
The reason I started using the leaf blower was to prevent marking the paintwork whilst drying it. No matter how careful you are washing the car, there is always a part that you miss and if drying with a chamios that dirt soon makes a mess of the rest of the paint. Also the blower is excellent for getting the excess water out from between the panels and inaccessible areas

The leaf blower I use is a battery operated one and has never been used in the garden. If you are using a mains operated blower remember that 240 volts can be lethal :evil: :evil:

This is the sort of damage that poor washing habits can cause to your paintwork.

DSC00774.jpg

The rectification in this case was machine polishing with Farecla G3, then G10 followed by polishing with grade A polish and a final coat of wax
DSC00775-1.jpg

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Nice finish !! .............. My C, still looks like that after 7 months, and 16000 miles ......... it's easier to prevent, than to cure !!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded

Reaction score
Parking Sensors

I was told that putting the jet wash on the parking sensors can cause water to be driven into them and cause problems. Seems a reasonable statement.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was told that putting the jet wash on the parking sensors can cause water to be driven into them and cause problems. Seems a reasonable statement.

Hello and welcome to the forum,,I do not know about water getting into them,,but the diaphragm certainly could be damaged

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Why do you need a car with parking sensors ??

Yes, a pressure washer can get water into allsorts of orifaces .......... there's nothing wrong with a decent pressure washer ........ it's the operator, you need to watch out for.

A bit like dog owners !

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
Don't get me started on dog owners :evil:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Don't get me started on dog owners :evil:

I have been in a house that was a sh§t hole,,I had to stand on 1 leg to lean over to pick up the TV,,and the dog peed up my leg. I was so disgusted I dropped the TV on the dog and walked out

Reaction score
Why do you need a car with parking sensors ??

Just picked up a 04 E320cdi Estate which amazingly came with parking sensors. The garage I picked it up from mentioned the jetwash issue so I'm just passing it on.

I also really like the built in dog screen ;) It keeps mutley from putting his head over the seats and dribbling down that nice leather.

A

Angri

I have been in a house that was a sh§t hole,,I had to stand on 1 leg to lean over to pick up the TV,,and the dog peed up my leg. I was so disgusted I dropped the TV on the dog and walked out

You should really have dropped the TV on the owner - not the dog, of course!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom