1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preston Supercar Meet - Penultimate Sunday of the month

Discussion in 'Meet Ups and Events' started by daveenty, Nov 18, 2017.

1. OP
    daveenty

daveenty Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    19 AMG Scoop
    Just sorry I didn't stay too long really Pete, probably a combination of a diet lacking in protein and too many pills slowing my metabolism down. :(

Basically it wasn't anywhere near warm enough for me and, once I'd got to the shivering stage, I didn't really have an option but to get myself home and into the warm. The car helped with this a lot with the heated steering wheel, something I've missed since getting rid of the Range Rover, and the heated armrests are good as well. I though that these were a bit of a gimmick but I'm already appreciating them.

The car is a pleasure to drive and seems to have calmed my driving down substantially. In the E63 everything seemed to be done at double speed but this one is just so much more relaxing to cruise around in and let the world pass you by. I've not quite managed to get 300 miles on it yet, working from home is a bit of a hindrance here, but will be trying to get a few more in the coming weeks, at least enough to take it out of it's running in period of 1,000 miles before year end.

I'll try to make the November meet on the 17th, weather dependant as always, though will try to dress more appropriately for it with my gloves and decent shoes. ;)

peterws1957 and V6Matty like this.
  2. peterws1957

peterws1957 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
    It's the Preston meeting this Sunday, but the weather not too promising. Providing it's not snowing I'll bob down for a look, but I'm not expecting a great turnout.

3. OP
    daveenty

daveenty Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    19 AMG Scoop
    It's started raining here now so I won't be bothering as it doesn't look like it will miraculously improve. I'd pop along in the Lexus but I had enough of that yesterday with Birmingham and back in it. Don't think I could stand more boredom...

Ah well, December it is then. :(

peterws1957 likes this.
  4. peterws1957

Your Mercedes:
    Despite the weather there was a surprisingly good turnout today, with some nice MB's as well as Mclarens Mustangs Porsche Maseratis Noble etc. Unfortunately Phantom Winger seem to be doing everything to put people off attending. Not only have they cut the car park in half but they are now charging to park your car with a £90 fine if you don't pay. You get your charge back if you spend more than £4 at the bar though.:rolleyes:

5. OP
    daveenty

daveenty Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    19 AMG Scoop
    Last one of the year today, a week early due to the festive season apparently.

I'm still in two minds as to whether to turn up or not though, as I type this, it's currently lashing down so very much doubt it. If I do decide to make it then it will probably be in Larry the Lexus with the winter tyres. :)

Having said that, with the car parking decimated as in Pete's post above, I may just stay in and ramp the heating up another notch.

Blobcat likes this.
  6. Blobcat

Blobcat Moderator

Your Mercedes:
    R171 SLK280 3.0, Land Rover 110 County SW
    It’s not so nice on this side either, just put a joint of beef in the slow cooker and back to bed with a mug of tea. I may stay here until it’s cooked...

7. peterws1957

Your Mercedes:
    This meet is due to be on tomorrow. Presumably the pub will be shut, but the hotel and presumably the car park will be open. Weather is forecast good as well. Since it's only a hop and skip away, I'll bob down to see if it's on. Not expecting too much though.

8. John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    UnMercs BMW i8 Volvo XC90
    Just been cancelled on FB Peter until further notice ...

peterws1957 likes this.