dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
Simple you buy a digi box for about £20, if you TV is so old that you have no scart, get one with a modulator and then you can still use the tuner in your old TV
I've got a simpler solution...stop watching television, it's all crap anyway.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded

You are dead right, even the news is all made for the most dramatic impact, they have a story, then interview the most unlikely candidate who has not got a clue about the subject

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver

And go on here instead and use 625w PC. I like it....

All that leccy, it comes from somewhere.

Back to your comment to "why should a car maker want to build a product that lasts".

Presitge. If a make of car is fabled for solidity durability and reliablity, more people will buy them. MB still trade off the fabled build and reliability of the cars from the 70-90's. People think, oh if the car is good for 500k miles, I'll have no issue with it for the time I put 50k on it from new, and I'll get more when I sell it cos I want another one. There are a few people who, mainly professional drivers, who do 100k/yr so there is a market for a car that can do big big miles anyway.

So MB sell one car, and its solid, and it doesn't break, so they get to sell another when someone gets bored, and make money on servicing the older car.

People buy very fast cars, super over spec'd 4x4s for their needs as they think, christ if that Range Rover can ford 1m deep water or whatever, it will cope with the snowy weather. And they buy porches as they have small knobs:rolleyes:

dbanbery

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 R129 SL500
And they buy porches as they have small knobs:rolleyes:

this is true. i followed a 911 GT3 and he could only get away from me on the straights. this indicated to me that he had no or very small testicles. on a damp morning anyone with half an amount of driving skill should be able to get away from a chugging 250td in a gt3 i would have thought. and he was trying.

OP
J

jasonyw

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180/1997/1.8;W211/2005/E200K
  • Banned
And go on here instead and use 625w PC. I like it....

All that leccy, it comes from somewhere.

Back to your comment to "why should a car maker want to build a product that lasts".

Presitge. If a make of car is fabled for solidity durability and reliablity, more people will buy them. MB still trade off the fabled build and reliability of the cars from the 70-90's. People think, oh if the car is good for 500k miles, I'll have no issue with it for the time I put 50k on it from new, and I'll get more when I sell it cos I want another one. There are a few people who, mainly professional drivers, who do 100k/yr so there is a market for a car that can do big big miles anyway.

So MB sell one car, and its solid, and it doesn't break, so they get to sell another when someone gets bored, and make money on servicing the older car.

People buy very fast cars, super over spec'd 4x4s for their needs as they think, christ if that Range Rover can ford 1m deep water or whatever, it will cope with the snowy weather. And they buy porches as they have small knobs:rolleyes:

not with a W211 with sbc, Merc expects you to scrap it after 10 years.

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ge300, w124 300e, various VW's
What % of new Mercs are private sales?

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
not with a W211 with sbc, Merc expects you to scrap it after 10 years.

They will change the pump usually FOC. Its only £1000 or so, and if it allows me to use the brakes for another 100k miles, or its next owners, its money well spent. Or if they are very strong they can dabble with un servo'd brakes

They have facelifted cars with a normal servo

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
^ That's a penny a mile just for SBC pump replacement.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
^ That's a penny a mile just for SBC pump replacement.

No it was all hypothetical and in the mind, mine has only been 50k in 9 years, in ten years time I will be 86 and the car 100k total max by then, and still on the original pump for now, plus the cost is £800

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1p/mile to stop and slow. Seems cheap....

A valeo rad works out about 2p/mile if it fries at 100k.

We may never have to pay,, time will tell

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
We may never have to pay,, time will tell

I had the warning lights "brake power reduced visit workshop" along with "ESP defective" and "distronic visit workshop"

The battery was low, just needed a run to charge it and the codes were gone. It brakes fine.

I would be hopping mad to be fair if it needed done, its only 64k 5yr old. Just a baby

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ge300, w124 300e, various VW's
are you thinking fleet hire?

no the proportion of Mercedes sales that are are private buys as opposed to fleet sales because reputation influences the private seller more than anything else :confused:

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom