[Problem] Soft-off fuse keeps blowing up OM651

Pet74

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207/2011/om651
Hello, i am so sad because my new car has a problem.
8 hours wired on stardiagnosis and they still didn't find the problem.

Two days ago I was driving and it was raining heavy.
I got a hole with rear right wheel (just a soft hole) but i was worried because the car reacted writing in yellow

-yellow car losing control lamp-
"tyre pressure system monitor malfunctioning"

I put engine off and wheels were ok.
I started the car and engine check light went on, car in limp mode, turbo off. Some little, soft, shaking sometimes in the drive and some shaking when the engine goes off. Other than that, the car was ok (I drove 300 miles).

Today the car dealer said the soft off valve engine fuse was blowed and he put a new one.
I drove the car but the turbo was still off and after a bunch of seconds the engine light went again on.

They said the valve engine was probably faulty, so they started cleaning the valve with some spray.

They run again the car but fuse kept blowing.

They disconnected the soft-off valve engine and the fuse blown up again.

The electrician said that atleast 10 systems were controlled by that fuse and since the ECU didn't give any error code, he had to check everything to find the short-circuit.

Any idea? What does that fuse control?

My car did 27/12 recall action for the new solenoid injectors and has a sat car alarm system (cobra).

Thank you.
I am disappointed with this car, I didn't think such problems... such expensive and new car (MY 2011)

Last edited:
OP
P

Pet74

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207/2011/om651
solved: it was the wiring connection to the valve.

Anyway i don't trust the electrician... I think the problem was the electrical motor of the soft-off valve but they fooled me because yesterday I asked for warranty replacement of entire EGR block.

Early this morning, the car was magically fixed. Yesterday just before closing, they didn't have a clue.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom