problems, problems, problems ....

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
As there was no rain,,I did go out,top down, aircon on, wasted about £30 on petrol, with the ABC suspension the 230 just glides along, visited 3 garden centers, bought a ready cooked meal from Tesco and back home,. the 230 is just magic, soon be 3 years that I have had that, and still as nice as the first day when I bought it, or should say slept in it

slept in it? you didnt want to get out, did you???!!! :lol::lol:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
slept in it? you didnt want to get out, did you???!!! :lol::lol:

After the 200 mile trip home,,I made a coffee, and went out to the garage to see if it was happy, and to be sure i slept in it,,and you were right, I did not want to get out

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
As there was no rain,,I did go out,top down, aircon on, wasted about £30 on petrol, with the ABC suspension the 230 just glides along, visited 3 garden centers, bought a ready cooked meal from Tesco and back home,. the 230 is just magic, soon be 3 years that I have had that, and still as nice as the first day when I bought it, or should say slept in it

I would take issue with the concept of wasting petrol on that expedition!

What better £30 worth could a man get anywhere? (And what is her telephone number?)

How did you manage to use £30 worth Malcolm? Were these garden centres in Essex and Gwent, perchance? :rolleyes:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
You want to take a trip to Germany. It is worth it to be able to use the Merc in the manner for which they were designed. Perhaps a track day could a poor 2nd substitute.
My last E320CDI I took through Germany and had 145mph on the GPS, 4 up and full of luggage, the car had some left but there was some traffic ahead which I had to back off for. Not having taken my current 320 out of the country I couldn't have gone over 140mph at all :rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I would take issue with the concept of wasting petrol on that expedition!

What better £30 worth could a man get anywhere? (And what is her telephone number?)

How did you manage to use £30 worth Malcolm? Were these garden centres in Essex and Gwent, perchance? :rolleyes:

I live in Lyme, and the biggest is near on Exeter, they had nothing, so on to some more, and they had nothing as well, I will do another 60 mile round trip in the morning going the other way,,a good reason to go out in the SL, the joy is that I need two plants, and the car only holds one, so I can go back later in the day, I could use the V70R, but that is not the same. I know that I am a sad soul

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
I live in Lyme, and the biggest is near on Exeter, they had nothing, so on to some more, and they had nothing as well, I will do another 60 mile round trip in the morning going the other way,,a good reason to go out in the SL, the joy is that I need two plants, and the car only holds one, so I can go back later in the day, I could use the V70R, but that is not the same. I know that I am a sad soul

nothing sad about it! you have an SL. any excuse to enjoy it should be grabbed with both hands and have the life wrung out of it! enjoy it while the weather's here Malcolm. you wouldnt want it getting wet would you...............:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wint3rsmith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 2006 w906
All true

Although I'm here because my sprinter recently broke down, I think you're right, we do need to show a positive side. I love my van, we've camped all over Europe in it for last 3 years and it's been great, and I'd rather drive that than a car. 245000 miles on the clock when I bought it and still does 95 through Germany, fully loaded, without a hiccup. And so easy to service too. Shame about this current problem but I'm still very happy with it. :D

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
Holy old thread reserection batman.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom