Problems with a Tachometer

Duke09

Reaction score
Hi

I have 1993 Mercedes 300 diesel. The Tachometer has stopped working and at the same time my heater in the car is blowing hot all the time, even when i have the the controls set on cold.

I have checked fuses and they are ok, not sure what else to check.

Could anyone please help.

Thank you

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
common cause of tacho fault on 124 300d is failling ovp relay or blown fuse in ovp relay (silver relay with fuses in top). however, the lack of heater control suggest faulty fuse in main fuse box. if you check the fuse assignment you will see tacho and heating water valves on same fuse - no. 7 from memory. remove the fuse and carefully inspect the ends, let us know what you see.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Interesting that it was an extra on some 124's,,do check what Alexander has said,,and let us know

OP
D

Duke09

Reaction score
Hi
Alexander thanks for helping out your a god send Checked out no 7 fuse it looked ok it had not blown but when i removed it from the holder it was coroded at each end i cleaned it up and the tacho and the heater is working fine know. i was geting concerned thinking it may be something expensive. cant thank you enough.
Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
In answer to Alexanders excellent spot on post,,I would go to Maplins and get some non drying switch cleaner and clean all of the fuses and holders,, this corrosion that takes place causes heat, and this can eventually do damage to the the fuse box.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom