Problems with Seat Belt & Wing Mirror

platforminc

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have noticed that my safety belt on a W203 C Coupe does not slide is normally as it should, I have been in loads of cars and can say that when satfety belts are unlocked, the strap should faster back into place all by itself.

With my car, I have to manually use my hands to guide the safety belt back into its compartment, does anyone know what to do here ?

Also, Can I confirm that a manual W203 coupe wing mirror non auto folding can be manually folded. As reading this forum shows that its not possible to fold manual mirrors.

Also, someone stupidly broke my mirrors and the mirror frame is a litte damaged, was wondering Can i buy a folder N/S mirror frame for a manual one.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
One member with the same fault did improve the seat belt a little, by removing the cover on B pillar, and spraying some PTFE into the roller.

I can see no reason why the folding mirror frame should not be OK, you do not need the motors and the do lock into place

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom