"Protection layer" provide by some other manufacturers

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Our friends have a new Land rover bought through PCP. They want to clean and shine but are worried that this will destroy whatever it is that the dealer covered the car in, they don't think it's anything like a ceramic coat, but are just not sure. I've said that cleaning and waxing should be ok, and then maybe a coat of SONAX. But they are unsure??

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
Unlikely the dealer put anything on it as they wouldn't have got paid for doing it. Just tread it as so.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Unlikely the dealer put anything on it as they wouldn't have got paid for doing it. Just tread it as so.

+1, there will be little on it, start from fresh

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
The irony...a clean shiny Land Rover.
It won't be a "Land Rover" as they stopped making them in 2015 :( It will no doubt be some Chelski Tractor with silly wheels :rolleyes:

I heard yesterday that the new Land Rover is to be built in Slovakia :(

As for the OP's question, it might be Autoglym Lifeshine they've applied (charged for...) you can get the care kits from Autoglym to keep it going (if that is what it is)

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It won't be a "Land Rover" as they stopped making them in 2015 :( It will no doubt be some Chelski Tractor with silly wheels :rolleyes:

I heard yesterday that the new Land Rover is to be built in Slovakia :(

As for the OP's question, it might be Autoglym Lifeshine they've applied (charged for...) you can get the care kits from Autoglym to keep it going (if that is what it is)
I don't know why some people by these for, it will never be taken off road, the last one didn't. I know someone else with a new Range Rover, has that because he liked to tow a large trailer.
What makes me laugh is the lack of leg room in the back with someone who is 6ft in front.

So with the lifetime shine possibly been applied is it best to make sure that they don't polish? I'm sure the sales adviser would have said something o_O

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Dealers won’t put anything on unless the customer pays for it. Might be worth them checking the original invoice because dealers have been known to include the cost anyway in the hope that the customer doesn’t notice.

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dealers won’t put anything on unless the customer pays for it. Might be worth them checking the original invoice because dealers have been known to include the cost anyway in the hope that the customer doesn’t notice.
I will ask, I have a vague recollection that this was done as a "freebie", so that probably means it was cheap as chips.

Morethanpolish

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
You'll be fine with wax or a spray on top up detailer or coating product - only anything abrasive will potentially damage whatever is on there - and if there is nothing then it will still be a benefit.

No problem with legroom in my full fat Range Rover, and very comfortable to kip in the back, even when you're 6ft 3"

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom