Proud owner of A150 (W169) 2006.

jonnohudski

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A150/2006/W169
Hi, I just bought my wife the above car and apart from a few niggles, which we knew about before we bought it, it is turning out to be a great purchase.

I have joined forums for pretty much every car I've owned in the last 10 years and find them a great way of getting advice about what could be quite costly main dealer problems.

It's got the dreaded bouncing door lock on the passenger door, and I've bought the springs hopefully to fix it, will be trying it this weekend. I'm just a little concerned about riveting the metal plate back on.

Also, the speaker grill on the same door has been crushed, so am going to try to press that out and glue it at the same time to the above.

Wish me luck on the door lock. Any little hints and tips would be greatly received.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome, re the speaker grill they are fitted by just the pegs going through the hole and the end of the pegs is melted over with a soldering iron.

As you will be taking the door card off it is dead easy to fit the new one and just melt the end of the pegs

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Welcome from a fellow 169 owner :)

I have seen a video on YouTube, with someone rectifying the bouncing lock pin with just a squirt of silicone spray. Apparently if the rubber is too stiff, it bounces too. Obviously, if the spring (or the cog) is broken, that won't help, but wouldn't hurt to try it first, I'd thought - since you can do it before removing the metal plate, just with the door card out.

OP
J

jonnohudski

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A150/2006/W169
Thank you television. I will see if I can get the speaker grill off without damaging the lugs, as at the moment, I am unable to find a replacement part.

OP
J

jonnohudski

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A150/2006/W169
Thank you GLK, I will pop out at lunch and buy a can of Silicone Spray.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom