Puncture: can't get my wheel off

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Others above have done similar ...... I don't suppose knocking seven bells out of an alloy with a big hammer (& block of wood) is going to do it any favours either :rolleyes:
I can see someone hitting the tyre hard and the hammer bouncing back into them...my dad broke his skull in a similar way with an axe...

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
yep ;)

just googled it and found this pic which is almost exactly the same as the little packet I've got.

duh.gif
duh.gif
duh.gif
duh.gif
duh.gif

;) ;) ;)

Richard Elliot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 E270CDi
I had this problem two days ago... banged the rim of the wheel with the end of a heavy bit of wood in various places and off it came. I don't see how the car could possibly fall off the jack doing this, its all lateral force.

If I had been stuck in the rain and dark on a busy road though ...nasty!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I had this problem two days ago... banged the rim of the wheel with the end of a heavy bit of wood in various places and off it came. I don't see how the car could possibly fall off the jack doing this, its all lateral force.

If I had been stuck in the rain and dark on a busy road though ...nasty!

Levering can bring it off the jack not banging it ;)

Rockall

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Many
When you do get it off, I suggest that you then check all the rest of the wheels and also smear some grease on the inside mating surface - where the alloy wheel actually touches the wheel hub.
Better to do this now in your driveway rather than at night, miles from home, it is raining and the torch doesn't work!!

Regards

Bill

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Clean the corrosion off then copper grease.

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
I've always found that if something won't move on a Mercedes, then kicking it does the trick. :rolleyes:

OP
Querido

Querido

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2nd Generation A Class
all fixed .... my local mechanic's been out, gave it a good kicking, took the wheel to a nearby tyre shop, got it fixed & balanced, put it back on .... £40!

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
all fixed .... my local mechanic's been out, gave it a good kicking, took the wheel to a nearby tyre shop, got it fixed & balanced, put it back on .... £40!

Ther you are, that's the way to do it :D :D

Rockall

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Many
Now save yourself £120 and go and check the other three!!

Regards

Bill

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom