Purchasing another Mercedes

y3putt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 AMG Night Edition Premium
Hi All...
I am back in the market to purchase another Mercedes..but the problem I have is this..

I have owned 2 previous Mercedes.. both of them E320 CDi W211, one was a 2006 with 68000 Miles the other was a 2007 with 75000 Miles , both had full main dealer history etc etc , but.. both of them developed the dreaded turbo actuator problem , I was lucky with one that was warranted and repaired foc but the other I replaced myself.. this cost me in excess of £1000 and truthfully both of them never really ran the same again , hence selling them both..
Now I really do like and prefer the shape of the W211 320 cdi and have seen another one for sale ...this is a 2009 ( the last year of production) with 75000 miles, full history again etc etc, ...do you think the turbo problem would have been sorted on this model by then..(as manufacturers are always improving models in production).. OR do you think I should look at the E350 W212 model ...or does this model have the problems with the turbo..?

I realise you take a chance with any car going wrong and having their problems, but I don’t want to inherit another car that has common problems which you are always looking out for..OR was I just really unlucky in having the problems with the two previous cars..??

Any feedback and advice would be really appreciated
Many thanks
Mark..

Last edited:

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Against advise from those with STAR I spent just £200 on refurbishing the actuator on my R320 & fitted it myself. Sorted. In my opinion it was worth the gamble, especially against the £2500 I was quoted for a new MB turbo to be fitted.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
The 212 is a well sorted car and the 350 version is it’s sweet spot....

Mr Filipov

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 BMW 535d Gran Turismo

Unless you have vibrations on turning the wheel while slowly manoeuvring and harsh gear changes while the box is cold.
Other than that the 350 is a sweet combo.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

W212 would be my choice, upgraded engine to 350 CDi.

The thing to watch out for is leaking oil intercooler seals which is characterised by oil dripping from the back of the sump guard

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom