Put me off upgrading please

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
I have already earmarked the E53 AMG coupe that my son has ordered - he never keeps them more than 3 years (usually 2).........:)

My daughter in law gets nice transport currently a 5-series. Her firm tried extending their lease periods to reduce costs but they've now gone back to three years with higher mileage cars being retired earlier. But although it has plenty of toys it's a manual and I wouldn't really want "that" brand...

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
My daughter in law gets nice transport currently a 5-series. Her firm tried extending their lease periods to reduce costs but they've now gone back to three years with higher mileage cars being retired earlier. But although it has plenty of toys it's a manual and I wouldn't really want "that" brand...

Agree with you on the brand....although, to be fair, I've had a few and they were always great "driver's" cars.

My son lives a short drive from his office and the car will just be his commuter ride - low mileage when it goes back (or becomes mine) - his current car (large SUV) will go to his wife and will be the holiday / weekend car.

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Agree with you on the brand....although, to be fair, I've had a few and they were always great "driver's" cars.

My son lives a short drive from his office and the car will just be his commuter ride - low mileage when it goes back (or becomes mine) - his current car (large SUV) will go to his wife and will be the holiday / weekend car.
Nice of your son to run it in for you. You should encourage him to motorway blast once in a while to keep it in good order for you.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
And buy him some cleaning products for Christmas !
I just tried to like this twice... but of course, the second clik goes in as unlike.
- Good point though, Wighty!

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
If you can afford it, why not. But....if it were me, I would be looking for a better deal than doubling my initial finance payment to get in something just 2 years newer. I would hang on a year then get into a 2017 for probably the same or better money.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom