Q Reg Mercedes E220d

Conor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e220d
Hi
I am new to the forum and I was looking some advice regarding the lease of a new Merc E220d. I currently have a BMW 2011 530d and its a lovely car but there have been a few issues lately and I like the idea of a car in warranty for peace of mind. I had originally been drawn to the new 520d but then I looked at the E220d and I prefer it . I have 3 kids and need a decent boot. Would love a 350d but the budget is not going to stretch. Lease deal at the moment is 3 payments and then 354 a month with 10,000 miles. Is anyone running an E220d Amg line and have any advice.
Many thanks
Conor

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Lovely cars, I believe there are a couple on here.
In both cases, BMW and Mercedes , you’re dropping from 6cyl to 4cyl and you will notice it- not so smooth or powerful.
That said, the Mercedes 2.1 is decent

OP
C

Conor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e220d
Thanks, turning 40 next month so I don't know if I'm convincing myself that I want comfort over power. I have looked at some of the previous gen e class 350 and they are a nice car but the new car is getting rave reviews. Plus over here in N Ireland 520d are very popular the E Class is a little more 'Rare." From what I understand that's a new Diesel engine that's fitted. Just hope I don't hanker over a 6 cyl...

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
I have an E220d estate AMG trim with the Premium Plus pack. It's a great car, tons of space, comfy, reasonably economical (average 42.8 mpg over the last 10,000 miles or so). The Driver's Assistance pack is a great extra to have and makes motorway driving very relaxing, though slightly weird the first couple of times when you feel the car steer in your hands. The only thing I'm slightly disappointed in (and it is only slightly) is I don't think the COMAND system is as good as the one fitted in my old 212 estate. It is occasionally sluggish to respond, the highlighting of traffic using coloured borders on the roads instead of yellow and red cars is less clear, and it fades in music ( you can lose the first half a second or second of a track - doesn't sound much I know, but if you have a song with a punchy intro it can be quite noticeable)

Next up in a few years will be the All Terrain

HTH,
Bill

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom