question about cls w219/211 airmatic susepsnion height

Andreyy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w219
Hi :) I have a question about the airmatic modes heights. I dont found any info about the difference in heights in sport 1 and sport2(only found that sport 2 is stiffer by ADS,and sport 1 and controled automaticaly) And some times I noticed,that when I drove in sport 1 in bad roads,for e.x gravel road with pits,and after that when I go park,then when i stop and park and close the car,he goes to the sleep mode,and car goes down for some millimeters(from this it can be concluded that the suspension on the sport1 has a medium height,taller then sport2 but lower then comfort) and some times after sport 1 when I press sport 2 and look,i see,that the car goes down for some milimeters. And another e.x is,when I standing at parking,i press sport1,car goes down to the lowest place I think,because when i press sport 2 there no changes,the car dont go more down. In short,there sometimes no diference between sport1 and sport2(of course, the difference is felt in dampening,sport2 is stifer,but heigh sometimes on sport 1 like in sport2-loswest,and sometimes higher) As far as I know from technical materials..it is written there that sport1 is adaptive,the sport 2 is maximum dampening,3or4.
1 - 1 LED illuminated - SAS reduced air dampening volume (firmer) - ADS II dampening controlled automatically • Sport setting #
2 - 2 LED’s illuminated - SAS reduced air dampening volume (firmer) - ADS II, stage 3 or 4 dampening, as required.
But about height I dont found anything..which levels must be on sport1 and sport2. Maybe I dont understand something..and the airmatic is adaptive suspension,and he addapts to the road,speed,driving style and...all there is normal :) Maybe anyone can tell me more :) Thanks

ItsAPU

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 CLS500
Hi Andreyy. Sorry I don't have much more information as I believe you've covered it quite well. Some say that Sport 2 doesn't actually go lower than Sport 1, but is stiffer on the ride. I'm not sure on the actual levels that the car gets lowered by, but I can tell it is visibly lower (or higher when you press the raise button).

Only addition is that the Airmatic does lower the car at higher speeds, for better safety/fuel consumption

S500 Pete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 (W222) 2014. Turbo 4.7 V8 with loads of toys. Superfast luxury.
Hi :) I have a question about the airmatic modes heights. I dont found any info about the difference in heights in sport 1 and sport2(only found that sport 2 is stiffer by ADS,and sport 1 and controled automaticaly) And some times I noticed,that when I drove in sport 1 in bad roads,for e.x gravel road with pits,and after that when I go park,then when i stop and park and close the car,he goes to the sleep mode,and car goes down for some millimeters(from this it can be concluded that the suspension on the sport1 has a medium height,taller then sport2 but lower then comfort) and some times after sport 1 when I press sport 2 and look,i see,that the car goes down for some milimeters. And another e.x is,when I standing at parking,i press sport1,car goes down to the lowest place I think,because when i press sport 2 there no changes,the car dont go more down. In short,there sometimes no diference between sport1 and sport2(of course, the difference is felt in dampening,sport2 is stifer,but heigh sometimes on sport 1 like in sport2-loswest,and sometimes higher) As far as I know from technical materials..it is written there that sport1 is adaptive,the sport 2 is maximum dampening,3or4.
1 - 1 LED illuminated - SAS reduced air dampening volume (firmer) - ADS II dampening controlled automatically • Sport setting #
2 - 2 LED’s illuminated - SAS reduced air dampening volume (firmer) - ADS II, stage 3 or 4 dampening, as required.
But about height I dont found anything..which levels must be on sport1 and sport2. Maybe I dont understand something..and the airmatic is adaptive suspension,and he addapts to the road,speed,driving style and...all there is normal :) Maybe anyone can tell me more :) Thanks
You should also have a separate button to raise the height 50mm. Useful on low speed unmade roads or when parking in grassy car parks.
It will automatically drop back down at about 20 mph.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom