Question about engine Additive...Terraclean

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Never discount the placebo effect.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
That's what I'm paying for buddy when I tip an additive in the car , still can't stop though . :D
These stripes DO make me go faster!!!

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Never known a squirty can yet that will bring an egr back to full working order.
If you've ever removed a faulty egr and spent sweaty hours scraping the muck off it, you'll understand why.

Archoil makes me feel good though. If it does anything to the car, that's a bonus.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
As I said above. For me it’s more to do with mechanical sympathy than anything else. After all, once your engine is clean, it’s clean etc.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
The last Terraclean I saw was when the car got recovered to my workshop as a non start.

What Terraclean does (and products there similar of) is to mist a fluid via the air box into the engine to moisturise the carbon deposits in the inlet manifold and EGR systems until they break away and then pass through the engine and out the exhaust.

Problem with that is if you have a large piece of wet carbon pass via the valves it has a risk of sticking that valve open, which is exactly what happened on this particular recovery. Result is piston will meet valve, bend it, causing loss of compression and all sorts of major repair work, despite what the guarantees are on the labels and commercials of such products.

My advice is, if you want to clean the induction system, is to remove the components you want cleaning and use a proper degreaser. Yes it takes a bit longer, perhaps you may have to pay a bit extra in labour plus gaskets and seals etc, but trust me, its much better and safer than any Terraclean or similar product offered.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom