R129 Hard top lining

MB Novice

Reaction score
I am looking at a 1999 SL 500. It has cream leather seats and carpet but the lining of the hard top is a light tan.

I would have thought that the lining for the hard top should be the same colour as the seats. I don't know if I should be suspicious of the cars history for this reason or not.

Wouold be grateful if R129 owners would tell me if the lining of their hard tops is the same colour as their seats.

Thank you in anticipation.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I am looking at a 1999 SL 500. It has cream leather seats and carpet but the lining of the hard top is a light tan.

I would have thought that the lining for the hard top should be the same colour as the seats. I don't know if I should be suspicious of the cars history for this reason or not.

Would be grateful if R129 owners would tell me if the lining of their hard tops is the same colour as their seats.

Thank you in anticipation.

I have light mushroom/cream upholstery and the hard top lining looks the same colour - but it may also be the same colour as your lining, so perhaps that does not help.

Someone like Quicksilver has a whole different colour scheme to me, and he will probably be along soon (though generally you can never find a taxi driver when you want one!).

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
my panoramic roof lining, such as it is, and the soft top lining are both the same colour as the seats.

brianbrian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 250D, SL129-deisel
My sl is silver, seats are navy blue leather, roof lining on soft top & hard top are like mushroom colour.Hope this helps

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom