R129 headlight lens

Unsound Methods

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes 300SL-24 1991
morning all.

I have just bought a new lens for my headlamp - I blew the restoration idea out.

I'm a bit concerned that its actually the wrong lens. The info on the sellets website stated that the lens is for for right hand drive cars, which mine is obvs, but the pattern on the new lens is exactly the opposite to that of my old, original lens (ie, a mirror image)

This suggests to me that the new lens will be putting light out onto the other side of the road? and is in fact for a left hand drive car? does anyone think that would be the case? Ive attached an image of both old and new, its hard to see but the 'propeller shaped triangles that run horizontally across the middle of the lens run in different directions from each.

Ive sent the supplier an email to confirm but i'd like the forums opinion really, pehaps it doesnt actually matter?

cheers, dani

Attachments

• IMG_4160.jpeg
    IMG_4160.jpeg
    452.1 KB · Views: 10
OP
Unsound Methods

Unsound Methods

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes 300SL-24 1991
I spoke to the supplier who assured me it was for a RHD. The difference between Bosch and hella, apparently.
After i asked them the question i did notice theres a little arrow on both lens' (old and new) and both point to the right (whilst looking directly at the front of the lens).

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom