R129 roof problem Help please

transcup

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL320/1998/3199
Recently bought 1998 R129 had panoramic roof on until last week.New Softop been fitted at some stage. Not used much, looks very new.:D
Roof goes down perfectly and everything including windows up ect OK.
When you put roof back up everything Ok until rear section goes down into holes ,it goes down into clamps and you can here it pulling down and looks OK, windows start to go up , go to top then go down again and rear section starts to go up and down, trying to reseat again starting that sequence.
If I release red button before windows go fully up light goes out , then drivers window manually up , still out , but as I put passenger window light comes on and stays on , when you move bongs go off.
If I keep quickly pressing red button it eventually stays out and its OK
I suspect its a micro switch or something not seating correctly
Advise needed please
Can you help
If it goes to an indepenedent will the computer show what the problem is?
Steve

B

brick10

sl roof problem

Hi you need to go to an indie and have a star diagnostic
and go from there, hope this helps.

style by the mile

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 sl350, + cathys 209 clk kompressor
Hi guys I need your help too I thought I would refit the hard top today before winter , problem is as it locked down the h/r/w plug got jammed under the n/s so it has only locked down on the screen and the o/s/r! I removed the obstruction but it still won't lock down on the n/s/r and if I try to release the hard top but nothing happens at all, the button only flashes. is there a manual way of securing the n/s/r catch or do I need to put the car on star
Any help with this would be great
Thanks

style by the mile

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 sl350, + cathys 209 clk kompressor
Ok problem sorted manual locked now .problem was due to a bent rear pin on the hard top . I will now get the system reset on star :D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It does not need to be re set on STAR, best way is to take off battery for ½ hour and join up again, re set the windows and roll bar and all will be fine.

I did the same thing once.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom