1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R171 1/4 lights not sealing on main windows

Discussion in 'Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels & Trim' started by r129MAN, Oct 19, 2012.

1. r129MAN

r129MAN Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    SL500-2004
    Hi
    My daughter has just bought a 2007 SLK 200K, I noticed today that the rear 1/4 light window does not seal correctly against the door main window, there is a small gap where the main door window does not touch the rubber seal, it is worse on the drivers side. It is as if the window needs to rise up more towards the door.

Does anyone know how to adjust the position of the 1/4 lights and is it a DIY task. Any help greatly appreciated.

e-mail address for any info is lanzo21@tiscali.co.uk. Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  2. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    First you may have to normalize do the rear windows move at all when you open a door also when closing

3. OP
    r129MAN

r129MAN Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    SL500-2004
    Hi Television
    Not sure what you mean. Rear windows go up and down when roof is opened but at final closed mode they seem to need to move closer to the door window to form the seal, especially on drivers side. Have tried pulling window closer with some success to get seal, but as soon as roof opened & closed again window stops a little bit short of sealing leaving small gap at top.

4. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    I have the info for the 170, I will look tonight to see what there is on the 171

5. OP
    r129MAN

r129MAN Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    SL500-2004
    Hi Television
    Any joy with any info that may help me. Thanks.

6. thefast1

thefast1 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLK 350 Sport Cab
    Sounds like the battery has been disconected at some stage and the windows need to be reset, if it is the same as the clk's then you could try this, not sure it works on the slk but worth a try, just hold down the the drivers side window button untill it goes all the way down and keep the button held for 10 secs after it stops, then release and hold the button again while the window goes up and stops but keep holding the button for another 10secs, do this for the passenger side also,