R172 Becker Preinstall

Alfaman321

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 250 cdi 2014
I recently purchased a Becker Nav unit which I thought woukd be plug and play. Unfortunately on installation the unit is indicating it can't see any satellites.

Can someone confirm the likely cause - Gps antenna ? - this seems to be part no A1729057400. However it doesn't seem to be available as far as I can see.

I tried resetting the system by disconnecting the battery but no luck so far

Many thks

Andy

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome

If you didn’t have navigation before you are unlikely to have a gps antenna, check what the connector to your navigation unit is and find a suitable antenna. You can hide it under the dash as long as it’s clear above it. Alternatively fix it to the top of the dash in the lower left hand corner

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
Hello and welcome.

Assuming you have the 508 NAVIBOX PREINSTALLATION you will have the cassette carriage fixed in your glovebox and the sat-nav receiver fixed in front of your Parktronic indicator on the dash. the Becker cassette is plug and play, so I rather suspect the cassette or the connection between the cassette and the carriage to be the problem, the cassette should slide into the carriage with a little push to mate the pins into the socket and there's a button on the cassette you need to push to remove the cassette, look for any damage to the pins, did you download and update to the most recent software/map? you will have a 2 Months window to download updates and I believe there's one due!

OP
A

Alfaman321

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 250 cdi 2014
Hello and welcome

If you didn’t have navigation before you are unlikely to have a gps antenna, check what the connector to your navigation unit is and find a suitable antenna. You can hide it under the dash as long as it’s clear above it. Alternatively fix it to the top of the dash in the lower left hand corner

Cheers the car has the 508 preinstallation and I bought a second hand becker unit which seems to work other than not being able to locate itself. Given the search functionality works on the Becker - ie in connects to the car I was working on the basis that the car must be at fault?

Is there a way to test the gps antenna or the 508 install is working ? - I don't know anyone with a similar set up to do a temporary swap I'm afraid

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom