r230 COMAND help - DVD not recognised in boot

GarethRamsay

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 2004 3.7
Hello

New member! I just bought my MY2005 R230 and have a question about the COMAND system, I hope someone can help.

When I got the car, the COMAND DVD was in the drive in the head unit but I have since discovered that there is a DVD drive in the boot where the DVD should go. When I put the DVD in there, it is not found by the COMAND system - says no DVD present or something like that.

Do I need to do anything to make it work, activate a drive or switch something on? Could the DVD drive have been disconnected/broken. Are there steps I can take to troubleshoot?

Any help would be wonderful as I need the drive on my commute!

Thanks, and glad to be on the forums and LOVING the car!

Gareth

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Did you have the navigation on when you tried the disc.

OP
G

GarethRamsay

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 2004 3.7
Hi,

I tried turning the car off and back on again, it still did the same thing, although I couldn't say for 100% sure. I will try again in the morning, placing the disc in the boot drive and starting up from cold.

Thanks Television,

Gareth

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It is just possible that the laser has some film on it, CD cleaners are not wonderful things but one of the wet type could solve the problem.

The other way is to remove the unit and clean it by hand

hsloco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 280 Sport 2007
Hello

When I got the car, the COMAND DVD was in the drive in the head unit but I have since discovered that there is a DVD drive in the boot where the DVD should go. When I put the DVD in there, it is not found by the COMAND system - says no DVD present or something like that.

Did the satnav work with the DVD in the head unit?

If so put it back and leave it there

OP
G

GarethRamsay

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 2004 3.7
Hi - so I've got to the bottom of this! It's a dodgy disc, and by dodgy I mean a copy. I found the original disc in the DVD case and it works perfectly. The copy goes in the bin!

Thanks for your help!

Gareth

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for posting as we do not get so much problems with the APS unit fitted to your car

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom