R230 Handbrake shoe change

sgooduk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500/2004/5.0
Hi Guys,

As I was doing the rear discs i decided to replace the parking brake.

I never got it completed and I am now away from home, however when i took out the old shoes a 1 small metal clip fell out of the assembly (part# A230 988 00 81/Pressure clip) I had a quick look but i couldn't see where it went.

Sure I will fatham it when i get home, but it is bugging the life out of me :)

Somebody please put me out of my misery :)

Thanks

Scott

OP
S

sgooduk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500/2004/5.0
Back now :)

Just for info, it was the clip to hold the spring off the hand brake cable mech :)

BachelorDays

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2000 w210 E240 91k (Nov13)
I hate playing with the parking brake mechanism - springs and clips that spring and clip!

NK1982

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL55
Fortunately I found a pre-dissasembled picture and for anyone else the answer is as follows:

This clip fits between the heavier duty double spring and the handbrake cable actuator. So the opposite side to the toothed adjusting wheel.

Without this clip the handbrake actuator (the part that pushes the pads apart ) is loose and I can imagine it would rattle.

You can insert this clip buy fully assembling the brake shoes / springs then lining up one of the larger access holes in the hub. Then using needle nose pliers push this clip in-between the double spring and the actuator. Push it all the way in so the double spring latches on the clip.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom