r230 passenger wing mirror lens

CalDave

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL60020045.5V12BiTurbo
G'Day , hello to all! I am the proud new owner of a 2004 SL600 and I am now on "the mission" ...I am starting with the obvious visible problems. I have to say , so far there are not many that affect the cosmetics of such a beautiful car..
Only two thus far...
First one if anyone can help out with is that I have a leak (no, not spelled as a veg that comes from a foreign country) on the near side wing mirror which as made it green internally as if it were a vegetable.. On a quick fuddle about with the suspect it unclipped quite easily from the end furthest from the car and I could completely remove it except for the wiring that disappeared down the gunnels .
But rather than be the moron that just carries on and I end with the "old pear shaped thing" (which as usually been the case in my life), I thought best not to carry on, and as I am now approaching a considerable age, I should be more practically minded and see if I could get some help.
Now! I bought this car knowing full well that I would most likely be seeing the front end of some organization loosely linked with a MB dealership and the parting of some cash (probably lots of cash!)would be necessary..so I am prepared to go "full hog" and suggest that they can fleece me at will ...even hands held in the air.
BUT! if anyone out there in MB Owners can enlighten me as to the part number and instructions on the DIY side of life of replacement , this could possibly mean that I could use the saved pennies and buy more of that precious commodity that I love...PETROL!..
I did mention that there are two problems but I think that I have rambled on enough and will deal with them one at a time.. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.. californiadave@btnternet.com

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
G'Day , hello to all! I am the proud new owner of a 2004 SL600 and I am now on "the mission" ...I am starting with the obvious visible problems. I have to say , so far there are not many that affect the cosmetics of such a beautiful car..
Only two thus far...
First one if anyone can help out with is that I have a leak (no, not spelled as a veg that comes from a foreign country) on the near side wing mirror which as made it green internally as if it were a vegetable.. On a quick fuddle about with the suspect it unclipped quite easily from the end furthest from the car and I could completely remove it except for the wiring that disappeared down the gunnels .
But rather than be the moron that just carries on and I end with the "old pear shaped thing" (which as usually been the case in my life), I thought best not to carry on, and as I am now approaching a considerable age, I should be more practically minded and see if I could get some help.
Now! I bought this car knowing full well that I would most likely be seeing the front end of some organization loosely linked with a MB dealership and the parting of some cash (probably lots of cash!)would be necessary..so I am prepared to go "full hog" and suggest that they can fleece me at will ...even hands held in the air.
BUT! if anyone out there in MB Owners can enlighten me as to the part number and instructions on the DIY side of life of replacement , this could possibly mean that I could use the saved pennies and buy more of that precious commodity that I love...PETROL!..
I did mention that there are two problems but I think that I have rambled on enough and will deal with them one at a time.. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.. californiadave@btnternet.com

I cannot help with the DIY side of things.....cracking car......but just down the road from you, Caversham, is Star Motor Services. I highly recommend them, I use them for both my MBs, to resolve any and all issues that you may have as cost effectively as possible.

Mic

B

brick10

Hi welcome to the forum, I agree with mic
about star in caversham top blokes.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom