R230 ROOF LEAK

STEc74

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My car SL 350 05,sons car CLK320,other cars BMW 318IS ,95, 1964 Chev Corvair Monza restoring.
Hi,happy new year ,I have leaks to the roof where the joint is over qourter window and to passenger side joint at A frame this leak is rather severe,i`m wondering if the roof is closing tight enough,i think my consumer battery is under charged would this be a contributing factor,any ideas welcome.

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
Hi,happy new year ,I have leaks to the roof where the joint is over qourter window and to passenger side joint at A frame this leak is rather severe,i`m wondering if the roof is closing tight enough,i think my consumer battery is under charged would this be a contributing factor,any ideas welcome.

Does it look like there's a gap at the top of the windows ? The fit should be quite snug. Krytox/gummi pfledge needs to be regularly applied to the rubber seals to ensure they work properly.

OP
STEc74

STEc74

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My car SL 350 05,sons car CLK320,other cars BMW 318IS ,95, 1964 Chev Corvair Monza restoring.
RE R230 ROOF LEAK

My apoligies,computor freezin up,the windows are closing tight,no gaps in roof seals,i opened the roof and closed it then poured water over were it was dripping ,no water came through,will try other areas later ,looks like rain again i will cover top to keep dry inside,thanks for now,
regards Steve.

RIB1001

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350, CLC180k
I ha
Does it look like there's a gap at the top of the windows ? The fit should be quite snug. Krytox/gummi pfledge needs to be regularly applied to the rubber seals to ensure they work properly.
I have found Swiss Vax is the best seal feed to use but it is pricy, try eBay

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Welcome to the forum.

Check the date of posts you reply to. This thread is more than 2 years old.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom