1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Spares] R230 SL luggage straps

Discussion in 'Spares for Sale and Wanted' started by geoffd, Oct 20, 2012.

1. geoffd

geoffd Active Senior Members

Your Mercedes:
    56 plate SL 350 (sold)
    Hi

Does anyone want all the parts to fit the rear luggage straps to an R 230 SL ?

Older (pre 2006 ?) SLs had these straps as standard to hold luggage on the rear bench - and at one time a shaped bag to fit the contours of the bench was available - but later cars didn't have them/they were an option.

The bits I have are :

The straps themselves which are like a small inertia reel seatbelt mechanism which fit behind the rear speaker panel.

The speaker panel itself with cut-outs for the straps.

The lower receivers and the bolts for them that the straps fasten to - these bolt into existing threaded holes at the base of the rear firewall behind the seats. Without the receivers fitted the holes are covered by the carpet.

A rear firewall trim panel in black leather - this has cut-outs for the straps too which aren't present on the panel for cars without the straps fitted. This panel has slight leather damage (it was from a rolled and very badly mangled SL55) which I've repaired - you can see the repair, but only just. I've also re-dyed the leather black to match my old SL - originally it was the light grey. The colour match is perfect for the black leather.

These parts aren't particularly heavy, but they are bulky, so mailing them isn't really an option.

Anyone interested, message me.

2. OP
    geoffd

Your Mercedes:
    56 plate SL 350 (sold)
    luggage straps

I'm amazed no one is interested in these. They are free, ie as in no money.

They're going to the tip if no interest.

Geoff

3. Fleetwood

Fleetwood Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2005. SL350
    Where abouts do you live Geoff ? Is there anyway we could get these posted ?

4. OP
    geoffd

Your Mercedes:
    56 plate SL 350 (sold)
    I'm in the north west - a couple of miles from J26 M6. Not very convenient for collection from the south of England.

Let me measure and weigh the various bits and I'll try to guess a postal cost.

I can also take some pictures - but I'll need an e mail address to send them to - I've never worked out how to attach pictures to forum messages, or even if it's possible.

Geoff

5. Gkinghorn

Gkinghorn Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
    If I didn't have them already I would ...

6. reflexboy

reflexboy Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350CDi Sport&R172 SLK250CDi AMG Sport
    The joys of an older R230 (mines a 2002 too)