R230 Vario Roof Problem

Calpastor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 2003 5litre
Hello Everyone,

As I am new to the Forum and this is my first post and forgive me if it is not posted correctly.

I am the proud owner of an R230 (2003, 5 litre) and the Vario Roof has developed a problem, when I operate the roof, the boot opens about 100mm (4" to the unconverted) and then stops. I have read many posts on her and cannot find a resolution.

I have checked that the flaps in the boot lid, and neither have dropped, I have also checked that the reservoir has plenty of fluid in it, I have also checked all of the fuses, but NOT any relays.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Kindest regards

Nile Griffith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2009 Sl350 R230
Hello Everyone,

As I am new to the Forum and this is my first post and forgive me if it is not posted correctly.

I am the proud owner of an R230 (2003, 5 litre) and the Vario Roof has developed a problem, when I operate the roof, the boot opens about 100mm (4" to the unconverted) and then stops. I have read many posts on her and cannot find a resolution.

I have checked that the flaps in the boot lid, and neither have dropped, I have also checked that the reservoir has plenty of fluid in it, I have also checked all of the fuses, but NOT any relays.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Kindest regards

Hi there!

Rather late with a reply I know, but firstly I hope that you got your problem resolved. Secondly, could I ask what it was that was the cause of the problem.

Many thanks and kind regards.

Nile

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom