R231/SL350 passenger seat miss aligned

InsideInsurance

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 2013
Morning all

Having a problem with the electric passenger seat in our SL350 (2013). Whilst it originally worked perfectly fine it appears now that the car thinks the seat is in a different position to what it is as it no longer moves anywhere near as far forward as it originally did and it continues to try and move the seat backwards even after the seat is against the rear wall (previously when it got close the seat would continue going back but the back would straighten up to prevent contact.

Is there an easy way to reset the cars memory on where the seat is or am I going to have to struggle to get it into Mercedes for a warranty repair?

Many thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It has lost its memory/count, it maybe possible to normalize it on STAR but rather new for this to happen.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You could try moving the seat in every direction possible to the max points including the back rest and see

OP
I

InsideInsurance

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 2013
I've tried to move things to the extreme. The only one that appears broken is the front back movement of the seat itself. I cannot put the seatback fully down either but thats because the seat doesnt slide forward enough and so the back is stopped from going down when it hits the rear wall (not sure what its properly called)

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
the steering column height adjuster does this too - I just got a new (to me) SL, tried to raise the wheel, it wouldn't go very high, so took it down as far as poss (with some assistance!) then it went up properly. It might be worth "helping" it forward a bit but not too enthusiastically just in case

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Its a warranty job surely? Take it back tell them to fix then tell you how they did it. I wouldn't have a go myself in case you break it , then no warranty ..

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
Its a warranty job surely? Take it back tell them to fix then tell you how they did it. I wouldn't have a go myself in case you break it , then no warranty ..

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

Just spotted the year - absolutely agree with this course of action

OP
I

InsideInsurance

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 2013
Its a warranty job surely?

I suspect it is but if it was something simple to reset, as per the windows in my last car when they had a similar problem, then its better than having to mess around for a few hours on the weekend

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Agreed but I suggest you don't mess about too much with no information as to cause/remedy.

sent from my Galaxy Note 8 via Tapatalk

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom