1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radiator fan control

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by Tazz666, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Tazz666

Tazz666 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    clk 320 w208
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could find the Radiator fan controller the little brain thingie, I have a new one to fit but I can't seem to find the old one, in the engine bay. Could some one help me please......
    oh yeah I have a 98 w208 clk. Many thanks Damian

2. bigasotonuk

bigasotonuk Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
    Hi,
    Are you talking about the two electric cooling fans in front of the radiator?
    As these are for A/C cooling fans, and switch on/off with refrigerant pressure.
    Your engine cooling is done by the engine mounted fan, the A/C fans can be called upon to cool the engine but that is only when the engine reaches in excess of 100 degrees.
    If the new fan unit looks similar to this one in the pic, then it is as I said the A/C one and is in the same position on your 208, this pic is a 202, (208 is just a 2dr 202 afterall).
    [​IMG]

3. OP
    Tazz666

Tazz666 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    clk 320 w208
    Cheers for that mate,
    I dont have a fan on the engine,I only have the electric fan on the radiator, I do have aircon but as I said I only have the one cooling fan, but I will have a wee look to see If I have one of those thingis behindthe wheel arch liner
    Once again thankyou

4. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    The controller CU is just behind the front bumper towards the passenger side.

Is the fan running all the time

5. OP
    Tazz666

Tazz666 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    clk 320 w208
    No mate when I turned the ignition on the fan would stop spinnig at full speed, I did as you suggested today. I pulled the sam unt out and, as you said there was water sitting at the bottom of the box. So I got the misses's Hairdryer out and dried out the box and also the sam unit and fingers crossed it has cured the problem. you are a top bloke thankyou for your help :)