1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radio Code W124 Exquisit

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by E280T, Jan 26, 2010.

1. E280T

E280T Senior Member

Just got my W124 E280T back from the garage and the battery was disconnected so the Radio asks for a code. I got a little paper from the former owner but now this seems to be missing. Is there a way to get hold of the code again? The car chassis nr is WDB1240881F282204...

Thanks in advance!

2. The Hooded Claw

The Hooded Claw Senior Member

If I understand your post correctly ..........the GARAGE disconnected the battery

Therefore the GARAGE has an obligation to return the car to you in the same state as it went in (Broadly speaking!)

So pop back to the garage & tell em they are responsible for the radio code being entered into the unit after disconnecting the battery & THEY should source the correct code.

3. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    Garages should use a current retention unit plugged into the cigar lighter to overcome this problem. MB may be able to give you the code,,if not it will have to be re coded

4. OP
    E280T

E280T Senior Member

Thanks for the replies! So I can just pass by MB Dealer and request for the code?
    Actually it was the belt that had snapped so the battery was nearly empty when the car was dropped off there. So it's not really their fault in that sense...

5. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    MB can give the code for most,,it they cannot then there are plenty of mobile guys who will re code it for you

6. OP
    E280T

E280T Senior Member

I went to the MB dealer here in Berlin and with the car papers and my ID they looked up the code in the database. Didn't cost me anything. Thanks - once again - for the helpful tips! Cheers, Namy