radio keys

giuseppe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220Cdi avantgaurde 2001
I just bought a pair of keys to take the radio/cassette out, the right key goes in smoothly, the left hand one just does want to go in, tried buying a set of keys at the MB garage near eastleigh airport, they told me it was a workshop tool and not for sale to the general public, although he was willing to sell me a pair, but he did not have any in stock. I bought a pair on E bay,
Now I am wondering if the left hand key is slightly different to the right one,
I managed to get the radio out, but only by fiddling with the left hand key.
Any body else have the same problem????????????????????.

wiltsandy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 230K SLK
I bought a pair off fleabay for my Audio 10 and they worked fine. Don't think the keys are different.

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
They're not. What car is the radio coming out of?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The keys are not handed as such,,they have L on one side and R on the other,,the spring clips can be a little tight some times. other than that how are you:D

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
I had the same problem with my stereo keys on your car Guiseppe if you remember, I was trying to remove it to reconnect the aeriel that I had forgotten to do when I changed your stereo, and IIRC correctly the same thing on my C43.
It has just dawned on me you now have the same stereo that I had the same issues with, so it has to be the left hand spring clip, it must be slightly out of shape.
If you want to pop round one weekend I can see if I can sort it out for you if you like.

OP
G

giuseppe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220Cdi avantgaurde 2001
The keys are not handed as such,,they have L on one side and R on the other,,the spring clips can be a little tight some times. other than that how are you:D

very well malcolm, thankyou, enjoying the nice sunny weather whilst it last.

OP
G

giuseppe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220Cdi avantgaurde 2001
I had the same problem with my stereo keys on your car Guiseppe if you remember, I was trying to remove it to reconnect the aeriel that I had forgotten to do when I changed your stereo, and IIRC correctly the same thing on my C43.
It has just dawned on me you now have the same stereo that I had the same issues with, so it has to be the left hand spring clip, it must be slightly out of shape.
If you want to pop round one weekend I can see if I can sort it out for you if you like.

I will give you a ring first, thanks andy.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
dont blame you! even i got a little job sorted in the garden this morning. and i hate gardening!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
The clip may well be slightly out of alignment as per Andy above. I find that with a bit of fiddling they will go in you then need to press them out to move the clips in.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom