Re ABS fault on 230CE

benson09

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys.
Re were to find the OVP relay. The fuse was blown & has been replaced BUT the ABS light is still on.
Read on other posts if the light comes on when you start the engine then the fault would not be a sensor fault ?.

When i start the car it never starts first time always the second or third go also if i put my foot on the throttle pedal the engine cuts out, i have to wait 15 seconds then rev up the engine after turning the key.

Would this be related to the ABS fault in some way ?

Thanks for any advice

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It depends on the year of the car, after 1991 roughly the engine ECU is also partly fed from the OVP relay, when this relay has blown it will affect idle and starting, along with the ABS. The relays do get dry jointed inside, only by checking all of the voltages on pins 87 can you know if it is at fault, getting to the pins is not possible without a break out box or by removing the cover on the OVP relay

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
Change the OVP and that should sort both the problems out.

wireman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
nice 201 2.5D 1993 & very nice 129 SL500 1994
If a sensor or its wiring is electricaly damaged it will bring the ABS lamp on before you move off, if it's pole piece full of grott or the phonic wheel / reluctor ring is in poor condition it will come on after the car moves off (at very low speed).

Go with Black's suggestion.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom