really annoying wiper prob on c class

michaelj

Reaction score
C220, 2006, new wiper motor and the switch stalk just replaced. They only work sometimes (trying hard here not to use the word "intermittently"). Have disconnected the stupid bonnet switch. Someone said there is also a door sensor which locks out the wipers? Why? Have checked and cleaned the fuse, not sure where else to look, anyone had this, am getting tired of having to stop when it rains...

OP
M

michaelj

Reaction score
Pretty sure not: have had the car two years and always before the intermittent worked in the traditional way. (I had another C class before with the rain sensor, so I do know the difference). But even if it had a rain sensor, the standard two speeds should still work?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
The door sensor prevents the wiper throwing water all over the inside of the door if the door is open. Early cars don't have it and trust me there is a lot of water thrown onto the door card if the door is open!

OP
M

michaelj

Reaction score
I'm going to answer my own question here, for the benefit of others: It was relay Q, in the fuse box under the bonnet. Filed the contacts and it all started working again. Part no is A0025421419 made by Tyco.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom