rear anti-roll bar

picto27

Reaction score
does anyone know if all C class cars have a rear ARB? my P reg C180 is generally unstable, low @ rear end and does not have an ARB @ the rear, but the 2 reference C class cars( unknown model) that i have seen both have a rear anti-roll bar. Anybody any ideas

Bolide

Reaction score
Website
www.w124.co.uk
Your Mercedes
BMW 525 Diesel Touring
ARB does not affect the ride height or any straight-line dynamics. If the ride height is wrong look at the springs

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

OP
P

picto27

Reaction score
thanks for your quick reply, thats what i thought. out of curiosity, should this be advised or fail an MOT. not that it makes too much difference cos i now believe that both lower front suspension arm bushes and at least 1 engine/trans mount are going bad. instability and vibration explained; i think. time to bin and buy another motor.

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
I don,t think you should have any issues regarding MOT as some cars never had a ARB as long as the old one has been completely removed, but if it was mine i would be looking to put it back on there as the car was designed to have one.

Number_Cruncher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 E300D TE
It should, in theory, be an MOT fail.

In practice, if the MOT tester doesn't know off the top of his head if a car should, or shouldn't have an anti-roll bar on a particular axle, or if there are not obvious clean or broken fixings where one has obviously been, then the car won't be failed.

There isn't a master list of anti-roll bar fitment for MOT reference purposes, and a tester would have to a serious MB nerd to know if there should be one fitted.

Remember, the MOT is really only a basic (but quite sensible) check - it makes no claims of completeness or rigour.

Top Bottom