Rear Crank Oil seal leak

Alps

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 E63s S213, SOLD - 2013 Weistec E63 AMG, SOLD - 2004 E55 (x2)
I had a oil leak which i initially thought was a pilot bushing on the gearbox, i took a drive down to Alex Crows garage in Suffolk which was a quick half hour drive away. Alex is a nice chap and spends alot of time explaining things. He promptly stuck it on a ramp and took the under panelling off, after doing this it was apparent it was not the pilot bushing. slow drip on the bell housing, After looking further into it Alex concluded that the leak was definitely from the rear crank oil seal\cover area.

I spoke to a few respected indies to get some quotes and Alex came up with a comparable price, surprisingly, nearly all the indies gave a similar quote!

As Alex was the nearest and most convenient, i booked it in with him. Dropped the car off on monday and picked it up on Tuesday.

While it was there he checked the caliper bleed nipples for me as one seemed to have a slight leak and he also changed the heat exchanger valve (does the same job as the duo valve)

prompt service, nice guy and quality work (well only time will tell i guess)

Just like to express my thanks and to recommend Alex Crow and his team for looking after the car.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom