Rear Parking Sensors Faulty?

reydelqueso

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class Sport AMG/2009/Diesel
Hi All,
New member here, thanks for accepting me :)

I recently bought my first Mercedes C Class Sport, after years of being an Audi man, and I am not disappointed!

However, I had a slight ding the other week, and my rear bumper had to be replaced, which was all fine and it is now as new.
My issue is this:
I am sure before when I put my car into reverse there was only one beep, but now I hear three. I have checked and all the sensors are clicking as I have read on other postings here, but because I am so new to this car, less than 6 weeks, I am unsure if all are working. The car does detect when something is behind me.
My questions are:
1, How many beeps should I hear, and if there is a problem with the sensors would I get extra beeps?
2, Is there a way to test the sensors and see which if any are faulty.

Thanks for reading, looking forward to a response :)

Thanks
Rey

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Welcome to the forum. Gosh no one has replied to your post yet :(

Our car is in for a service right now, otherwise I would test the parking sensors to see what ours do as we also have a C Class. When we get it back tonight if no one has still replied I will see what ours does.

The only way I can think of testing them is to get someone to stand close to them and see if they bleep :confused:

Last edited:

phils

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 E220d AMG-line premium estate (S213)
Hi Rey

I have the same model as Lyn and when you engage reverse, you should not get any beeps, unless you are already close to another vehicle/obstruction.

As you get closer, the amber lights to start lighting up and it should only start beeping as the first of the red lights come on.

Not long after I bought my car, I noticed that the rear parking sensor system would beep as soon as you engage Reverse. I could cure it by switching the sensors off then on but this only lasted a short while. Mine was covered on the warranty and it turned out one of the sensors was faulty.

Hope this helps and good luck.
Phil

OP
R

reydelqueso

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class Sport AMG/2009/Diesel
Thanks for the responses, I had no email notifications of them, but what you have said has got me on the phone to the garage and I am going to get them to sort it out :)

Thanks
Rey

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom