Rear passenger door panel

MissyD

Reaction score
Website
www.depop.com
Your Mercedes
E200 1993, E300 Coupe 2019
When I washed my car today, I noticed that the rear passenger door panel was loose. Is it just a matter of pushing down on the clips and then the panel will clip back in or is it more complicated than that?

SS101437.JPG two clips are visible

SS101419.JPG is not fitted snug

SS101423.JPG this is what it should look like

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
It looks like it has been off before and somebody hasn't located the 2 lugs before popping the panel into place. If it's anything like other cars you have to take the panel off locate the lugs and press back into place.

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
When I washed my car today, I noticed that the rear passenger door panel was loose. Is it just a matter of pushing down on the clips and then the panel will clip back in or is it more complicated than that?

It has been off and they have not 'pushed the door card/panel down' sufficient to locate the clips in the door plate. You may, but I somehow doubt it, be able to push down on the card however to do it correctly take out the screws from the door card and relocate it then re fit the screws etc Check our your motor on the attached-

http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb0.asp?TP=1

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The top of the card must engage in the top of the inside of the door, and the card should be removed to do it properly.

I may have a how too paper

OP
MissyD

MissyD

Reaction score
Website
www.depop.com
Your Mercedes
The top of the card must engage in the top of the inside of the door, and the card should be removed to do it properly.

I may have a how too paper

Thanks Malcolm, that would be useful :cool:

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
On a W202 I got away with pushing the door panel in and giving the top of it a sharp tap downwards, but as others have said some need to be removed and as you put the door panel back on you actually engage and hang the door panel on the door with those clips at the top, to be safe than sorry I would want to remove the door panel in its entirety, but be careful not to break the push in buttons situated around the edge of the door panel, in fact may be worth buying some as spare before you take it off, as it is normally excepted that some will break, does,nt matter how careful you are. They are very cheap in fact my dealer gave me mine.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The main thing when removing panels is to use the tool that pulls the clips and not the door card, it is just a flat metal blade with a v cut in the center that goes round the clip

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Thats ok if you no exactly where the fixings are, when I removed the front door panels on mine the first one I broke 4, the second was only one, as with the second one I knew where the clips were.
When I removed Bobbies front door panels (to fit his facelift 210 mirrors) on his C43 I only broke one clip and the second panel I managed to remove without any broken clips, but I did mange to break his door handle cover :(
You are right though, that "V" shaped tool is invaluable, though it can be done without it, I would,nt attempt it without it now.

SilverSaloon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124/1994/om606
if the clips are in the correct place, then a firm thump of your fist from above will clip them into place. otherwise you'll need to remove the doorcard to be able to re-position the clips. open the window before you do this

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No need to break any,you just run a thin knife around between the card and the door to you feel them, ease it out and onto the next one

OP
MissyD

MissyD

Reaction score
Website
www.depop.com
Your Mercedes
Thanks guys, you make it sound so easy. I'll have another look at it as I like to try things for myself, but if anyone would be able to give me a hand, I wouldnt complain :D I know its nothing major, but it just niggles me when I see it.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom