rear sam info please

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
I'd appreciate any info about connecting to spare terminals circuits on REAR sam.
Ideally like a spare circuit on if ignition on. (acc +12V)

There's a few spare / unused terminals, one I'd like to use is for the pts, (13 / 16 ??) but both have no power at the mo'. Some have power all the time.
Do they need a relay. Basically I'd like to use a spare for parking sensors (aftermarket supply) and have read loads of posts regarding spare rear sam terminals. But besides a diagram or two, where can you get the individual proprietary plugs for the connections and are there any special for aux etc.
There seem to be a few at the base marked amplifier, but look like something else is meant to plug in them.

many thanks

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
I thought that most wired the rear after market module to one of the reverse lamp circuits?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The fuel pump relay is ignition live and often in the rear SAM,,this is an ideal place for the 12v

OP
cleverdicky

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Thanks, it does - this is just for the 12v supply.
I was hoping to stay clear of vital circuits like fuel pump etc. But if I did how would you connect.? Just splice the cable?
Is there no way of using any of the spare unused terminals?

rgds

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I can try and look this up ,,re any spare fuse holder,,these often have a 12 bus bar ,,put a meter on one side of the fuse box and see if you can find one that is switched via the ignition. I have spliced into my fuel pump relay for additions to my car,,no problem with an in line fuse

OP
cleverdicky

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
more detailed info useful thanks. Will be dropping the idea for a nat instruments can bus interface. Just seen how much the cards are. :shock:

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom