Rear Wash Valve E240 Estate

Brian23

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EClass
The rear wash stopped working on my estate so I took the door cover off and found what MB call a valve. What exactly does it do? It is in-line on the rear washer pipe, just before the windscreen wiper? wash feed.

lyserman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E500 W211
That will be a non-return valve fitted to stop the liquid draining back to the washer bottle so the pump does not have to fill the whole line at each use before it squirts onto the window.
It could be stuck shut or there could be a build up of crud in the washer nozzle.
Disconnect the washer pipe before the valve and run the pump. That will tell you if the water is getting that far. Then reconnect that pipe and disconnect the other side of the valve, run the pump again and that will show if the valve is allowing the water to flow through. Then reconnect that pipe and disconnect at the nozzle inlet and repeat with the pump.
If you find the nozzle is blocked get a small syringe and use it to suck and blow through the nozzle from the inlet side and that should clear any blockage.
Hope that makes sense.
Tony

OP
B

Brian23

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EClass
Thank you I will try that

OP
B

Brian23

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EClass
Fitted new valve, all is well now.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom